Alcoholic Beverage Policy
CALVERTON SWIMMING CLUB INC. - ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION POLICY
The consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons over the age of twenty one
is permitted only in a discreet and responsible manner and in designated areas.
1. Alcoholic beverages may be held and consumed in the volleyball pavilion and on
its deck, and on the grass portions of the property between the fence at the
northern edge of the grounds [closest to the Baptist Church] and a line from the
top of the ramp at the Snack Bar deck area, along the southern ends of volleyball
courts one and two to the fence on the eastern side of the property.
2. Alcohol is not allowed on or close to the pool deck area, except as approved by
the Operations and Engineering Committee on special occasions and when the
water is closed.
3. Responsible alcohol consumption is permitted if discreet. Discreet use includes
covering the container with an insulator (koozie) or using a plastic cup.
4. Members and guests using the club’s facilities are subject to removal from the
premises if they engage in unsafe behavior, or behavior that disturbs the use of the
facilities by other members or guests.
5. Any violation of state or local law applicable to the use or consumption of alcohol
on the premises may result in suspension or loss of membership or guest
6. When the Club is closed for general use, but open for an event intended for those
under the age of 21, no alcohol is permitted on the property.
7. When the Club is open for general use, and an activity intended for those under
the age of 21 is being conducted, no alcohol consumption is permitted by those
participating in the activity.
8.The Board of Directors and members are charged with observance and
enforcement of the alcohol policy. The Calverton Swim Club Staff Members do
not enforce the alcohol policy, since the policy of their employer is to discourage
any use of alcohol in facilities operated by the company. However, Staff
Members are permitted, authorized, and encouraged to deny access to the deck
and water to any person that appears to be under the influence of alcohol.
9. In keeping with other rules of the Club, NO GLASS CONTAINERS MAY BE
BROUGHT ONTO THE GROUNDS AT ANY TIME.
APPROVED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS – May 24, 1993
AMENDED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS – December 9, 1993
AMENDED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS – August 14, 2009